Thursday, July 10, 2014

The war with Hamas

Today is Yom Shlishi, the third day of the war with Hamas in Gaza.  Sirens have gone off is Tel Aviv and Jerusalem.  I have not heard them.  Towns on the southern coast of Israel are shelled 24/7.  the response from Israel is equal and constant, but more successful.  You probably know that 40,000 reservists have been called up.  How much of this turmoil is related to the recent murder of the four boys, 3 Israeli, 1 Arab, is not clear.  The situation is terrible for everyone.  I have amended my travel plans to Beer Sheva.  I'll visit my friend Saralee Kassel in Kibbutz Hatzerim, but won't be checking out Beer Sheva. Another time.  I now know how to retreat to the ma'amd, the safe room, in case of rocket attack.  Everyone needs a safe place, physical and spiritual.

That's my prayer for all of us.

Love,
Hasha Musha

No comments:

Post a Comment