Saturday, July 25, 2015

SINGING & DANCING IN EAST TALPIOT, JERUSALEM

WE ARE SINGING AND DANCING IN EAST TALPIOT, JERUSALEM!

As I write from my Youth Hostel, Hayarkon 48, facing the Mediterranean Sea in Tel Aviv, I want to reflect on my wonderful experiences with the lively women at the Pensioners Club in East Talpiot.  We sang, they danced, laughed, and played rhythm instruments. We had a blast!
 Gittit Cohen (center, black top) is the Director of this wonderful center.  Each day offers rich diverse programming for this active, friendly group. Exercise, music, lectures, cooking, and special tiyulim (tours) are part of the schedule of this wonderful community center.

 Each week, I crafted a different musical program:  The History of Jewish Music through Song, Love for the Land and Each Other, and Israeli/Jewish Musical Hits from Past and Present. 
Tears were shared when I received this beautiful tribute written by Matilda.  I was very touched by the lovely gift, a Hamsa, they gave me.  I am so grateful to have had shared this wonderful experience with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment